Shawn x Steph

So over this last weekend, two of my closest and dearest friends decided to tie the knot. I didn't get to share much of the pictures on Instagram and you guys know how much I love to edit (it's like putting makeup on your face) so here's an entire blog post dedicated to this fantastic couple and their special day.

 





I woke up at 6am, packed the things I needed, and headed to Steph's for the "gate-crashing" (for those of you who don't know, this is something Chinese Malaysians do at weddings where the groom and his groomsmen attempt to break into the bride's house, and the bridesmaids hold up the front by requesting money, favors, etc from them - sounds absolutely crazy, I know).


Getting ready felt like forever because this was the first time I had to use fabric tape to hold the dress down in skimpy parts that were not exactly church-appropriate. At least it worked out in the end. No nip slips count for a celebration, right?



I teared up a total of 3 times throughout the day. But the one time I really couldn't stop myself was at church, when Steph walked down the aisle towards Shawn. It kind of felt like a culmination of our childhood and teenage years, becoming this beautiful thing that two of the people whom I care so much about could share together in the future. I was just happy they finally made it.


Leading up to the big day, I actually had an eye infection that made both my eyes red - luckily it didn't show up in the pictures (we were calling all these mishaps the "bridemaids curse"), but that meant I couldn't join in much of the pre-wedding festivities.





However, I did manage to deliver a speech for the wedding dinner with the help of one of our dear friends, Amelia, who flew all the way from Vienna to be with us and celebrate. I couldn't have done it without you, girl. In fact, I feel like you wrote most of it, I just gave the ideas. And while I'm not sure if many people told you they liked it, plenty of people told me they did (I think it was probably because most of the guests were from my church, haha).



And to Stephanie and Shawn, congratulations on making it together this far, guys. I wish you both the absolute best for all the adventures that come with married life. Thank you so much for including me in such a special occasion in your lives - I will always remember it.


Much love,
Megan

Comments

Anonymous said…
Feels like I’m there.
Amely said…
<3 wouldn't have wanted to do it with anyone else but you😘

Popular Posts